Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Welcome to Kindergarten! I enjoyed meeting many of you on the playground and seeing you again during your short visit to our classroom on Orientation Day. Today the children and I completed Day 4 together. They have received numerous compliments as they are a group who display manners, shares, and work as a team already! We are still learning numerous routines but they have conquered lining up, walking quietly in the halls, putting their belongings away, and they are remembering the importance of using their ears for listening, their eyes to look at the person who is talking, and the importance of keeping their bodies still when we are focusing on the easel and the tasks at hand.

I plan to start taking more pictures during our upcoming days but I had a few so I thought I would share them so your children can start talking to you about what goes on in our classroom.


I do sometimes post some parenting ideas and thoughts. This is one that I love.

Rae, Brooke, and Dylan coloring during Free Choice Time

Evelyn decided to play with the maze puzzle and Donald is behind her using the dot-to-dot paints.

Elise and Jace are creating with play dough and Jacob is at the rug building.

Cordelia, Taylor, and Lily were also coloring and conversing during the morning choice time.